LSKB seeks to hire a Project Manager Associate
LSKB is a privately-held biopharmaceutical company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are opening an office in the Bay Area. The Company specializes in the early clinical development of promising therapies for unmet medical needs in cancer. LSKB is developing two exciting drug candidates; a small molecule angiogenesis inhibitor with potential to treat a variety of solid tumors and a Bruton’s Kinase inhibitor with the potential to treat hematologic malignancies. LSKB can be found on the web at www.lskbiopharma.com.
We’re looking for a skilled organizer to join LSKB in San Bruno/SSF who has a keen ability to keep multiple projects on track and provide status updates and escalate to content providers as needed. This is a junior level position.
Responsible for developing, communicating, and managing project plans and timelines to support global clinical and non-clinical pharmaceutical activities and business activities such as in- and out-licensing. May be responsible for performing technical competitive research and scientific benchmarking.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage timelines and deliverables across multiple departments to keep projects on track
- Keep a “big picture” view of projects and identify key activities timelines and bottlenecks to avoid delays and meet deadlines
- Summarize project status and efficiently communicate with stakeholders, and contributors to insure effective use of resources
- Build project timelines and identify essential activities
- Work with outsourcing partners to ensure adherence to deadlines and timely completion of contracted projects
- Collaborate with team members to develop new pharmaceutical products
- Perform technical analysis of competitive technologies and products
- Provide technical support to business development and licensing teams including helping draft proposals
- Develop and refine technical documentation supporting business development including but not limited to slides, development plans and brochures, and maintaining technical literature library
- Work with project team leaders and project team members on implementation of strategies that support company and development objectives
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s level degree in life sciences, pharmacy, nursing or RN preferred
- 2+ years pharmaceutical project management or project development experience or a similar duration of experience in related industries such as medical device or nutraceuticals
- PMP or equivalent certification, desired, with a proven track record of managing multi-faceted, multi-departmental projects or programs
- Familiar with advanced concepts of non-clinical and/or clinical pharmaceutical product development including regulatory and CMC
- Capable of working well in a team environment
- Able to take initiative in proactively seeking solutions to enable project efficiency and success
- Able to deal with time demands, incomplete information or unexpected events
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of basic computer applications used in general office setting, including word processing
- Excellent skills in spreadsheets, database management, presentation software and internet search engines
- Excellent written and verbal skills required with intermediate math and standard English grammar and usage
- Able to travel approximately 20% overnight (50% or greater during peak times)
Behavioral Competencies Required:
Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence colleagues and vendor and partnering staff in a positive manner. Must have the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, and subordinates. Good organizational and planning skills. Ability to identify issues and take appropriate actions. Must display strong analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail required.
This position does not currently supervise other employees, but may be responsible for ensuring projects are completed across team/matrix organization.
Physical Demands Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. May encounter prolonged periods of sitting. The employee may frequently be performing repetitive movements such as typing on a keypad or using a mouse. The employee may climb, bend, reach, push, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must on occasion lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is often required to travel overnight.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org